- 3½- lb chicken boned, meat cut into ½-inch pieces, “use scissors”
- 1 egg white beaten foamy
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp sherry
- 3 Tbsp cornstarch
- 2 bell peppers cored, seeded, chopped
- 3 chili peppers cored, seeded, chopped
- 5- oz can bamboo shoots drained
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 C oil
- Add egg white to chicken meat, Combine soy sauce, sherry, and cornstarch “’til smooth.” Heat oil in skillet or wok, and cook chicken mixture for 5 minutes. Drain chicken, leaving about 2 Tbsp oil is skillet or wok, and sauté bell peppers and chili peppers in oil, adding bamboo shoots, chicken, soy sauce mixture, sugar, and salt. Cook until thick.
Okay– SueK, what do you think? This recipe was created using a plug-in, rather than me just copying & pasting from a Word doc. It’s stupid that the instructions have a number but I can’t figure out how to get rid of it. What do you think of the look of it, though? I await your comments.