We made half recipe, i.e., only one layer, so only one tube of flaky biscuits.
VEGETABLE BREAKAWAY BREAD
Yield: 12 servings
- 3 10- oz tubes flaky buttermilk biscuits
- ½ C 1 stick butter, melted
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 small bell pepper seeded, chopped
- ½ lb bacon cooked crisp, crumbled
- 2 oz ½ C shredded Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350o. Cut biscuits from 1 tube into quarters, dip in melted butter, and place in a lightly greased 10-inch Bundt pan. Sprinkle half the onion, half the bell pepper, and half the bacon over the biscuit layer. Repeat layers, topping with the third layer of quartered biscuits. Bake 45 to 50 minutes. Cool in pan for 5 minutes, then turn out on serving plate.
From Jane Flowers, Oktibbeha County (Starkville), Country Cooking from the Mississippi Farm Bureau Federation (1987)