SIMPLY SENSATIONAL CHEESECAKE AND VARIATION
Makes a 9-inch diameter cheesecake
- 1 ¼ C graham cracker crumbs
- ½ C shortening melted
- ¼ C sugar
- 2 8 oz packages cream cheese softened
- 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 3 eggs
- 3 Tbsp lemon juice
- 8 oz container sour cream at room temperature
- 21 oz can cherry pie filling
- Preheat oven to 300o. Combine crumbs, melted shortening, and sugar, and press firmly on bottom and slightly up sides of a 9 inch springform pan. Place cream cheese in large bowl and beat with electric mixer at medium speed until fluffy. Add condensed milk, gradually, beating until smooth. Add eggs, and lemon juice, and beat at low speed just until combined. Pour into prepared pan, and bake 45-50 minutes or until center appears nearly set when shaken. Remove from oven, spread sour cream over cheesecake, and return to oven for 5 minutes. Cool cheesecake on rack for 10 minutes, loosen from sides of pan, cool 30 minutes longer, remove sides of pan, and cool completely. Refrigerate cheesecake. Spread pie filling on top just before cutting and serving, and refrigerate leftovers.
NILLA WAFER CRUST Replace graham crackers in crust with an equally amount of crushed Vanilla Wafers. Omit sugar and proceed as directed above.