Spicy Shrimp with Garlic Noodles
- 8 oz. cooked jumbo shrimp, peeled
- 1/4 lb. sweet chili dipping sauce
- 1/4 c. peanut or vegetable oil
- 4 scallions, chopped
- 2 c. diagonally chopped snow peas (I substituted 4 c. bok choy)
- 1 T. Thai red curry paste
- 1 3/4 c. coconut milk
- 1/2 c. drained and rinsed canned bamboo shoots
- 1/2 c. bean sprouts
- 4 oz. dried medium egg noodles (Asian egg noodles)
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- handful fresh cilantro
- Toss shrimp with chili sauce in bowl; cover and set aside
- Heat half the oil in preheated wok, add scallions and snow peas (or bok choy), stir fry over medium high heat 2-3 minutes. Add curry paste and coconut milk, stir well. Gently bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Add bamboo shoots and bean sprouts and cook, stirring, 1 minute. Stir in shrimp and chili sauce, reduce heat, simmer 1-2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook noodles according to package directions. Drain and return to pot.
- Heat remaining oil in small nonstick pan. Stir fry garlic over high heat for 30 seconds. Add garlic and cilantro to noodles, toss.
- Plate and serve.