This is such an over the top guy thing it cannot wait until Recipe Tuesday to be shared with the world.
Here’s how it’s supposed to be done:
STEAK AND EGGPLANT SANDWICH
- Small steak broiled, fried, or panned
- 2 slice bread preferably using homemade bread—see recipes in Baked Goods section
- Thick rounds fried eggplant
- Spanish Sauce see recipes in Basics section
- Mashed potatoes sprinkled with tiny fried croutons or fried breadcrumbs
- Place steak on 1 slice bread. Place eggplant rounds on second bread slice and surround with Spanish Sauce. Garnish with topped mashed potatoes.
Looks like Mr. Big Food omitted the Spanish Sauce, which is basically seasoned tomato sauce.
I was not surprised to see that I already had a tag, “guy food.”